Welcome to the Blood Centre
Our medical staff provide expert primary and consultative advice and care for patients with a diverse spectrum of benign and malignant blood-related disorders.
Diseases of particular interest include:
- Bone marrow failure disorders (aplastic anaemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, leukaemia, pure red cell aplasia)
- Acute leukaemia in adolescents and adults
- Myeloproliferative disorders (polycythemia vera, essential thrombocytosis, myelofibrosis), chronic myeloid leukaemia
- Newly diagnosed or advanced lymphoma and myeloma
- Haemoglobinopathies are common problems in Africa. We have great interest in genetic anaemias and haemoglobin disorders such as sickle cell anaemia and thalassaemia
- We consult and treat patients with coagulation abnormalities and a variety of other benign and malignant diseases.